Friday, August 7, 2009

When the Sun does not Shine, Get Some Sunflowers!




Two days before my 1st chemo, I went to my favorite Japanese restaurant, Natori at St. Marks Pl., with 2 foodies friends, Lulu and Susan. At the back of mind, I know this might be the last nice dinner I gonna enjoy in a long time before the side effects of chemo kick in and change my appetite upside down. Between chowing down Nato pancake (my favorite), alligator meat w/plum sauce, octopus w/ ginger sauce, etc. and drinking Kirin beer, we talked about all sort of funny things except the elephant in the room - my lymphoma. Near the end, i brought it up myself and were kind of amazed by the fact that up to this point, I have been able to look at it with some sort of cool and distant feeling. As if my mind has drifted out of my body and looked down from somewhere above upon everthing going on.

As if they have read my mind, my friends also brought me a sunflower bouquet, which always cheers me up during a rainny day. How nice!!!

On my way home with the sunflowers in my hands, I have made up a to do list for the possible extra free time ahead,
  • Learn a New Language
  • Learn more Photo techniques and make good use of my Canon G10
  • Read the books I have started and never got a chance to finish, such as An Underground Education and 50 Great American Short Stories (judging from my writing, which seems to be a necessity, LOL), etc
  • Watch more UK comedy such as Keeping Up Appearances (Poor Mrs. Bucket always cracks me up:-)
  • Try out Yoga while I need to stay away from my dearest swimming pool for now:-(
  • Explore the farthest galaxy and the deepest ocean (in my dream)...Hahaha...
I feel like Scarlett in Gone with the Wind, waving my fists at the sky, 'After all...tomorrow is another day.' And the sun will shine through again!

No comments:

Post a Comment