Saturday, August 8, 2009

1st Chemo Done! So Far So Good!!!

I went through my 1st chemo yesterday at Bellevue. The day didn't start smoothly. the appointment was set at 8:00am, but I forgot to set my alarm clock the night before and ended up being 45 min. late...Oops...

The staffs there took care of me right away though. Nurse Seema was in charge of my treatment. I knew I were in good hands from the beginning. We chit chatted our way through the painful parts (Actually it's not that bad:-) ) about her hometown, Dehli, India and Indian foods, etc. There are a lot of Indian Restaurants just a few blocks away near 2nd & 3rd Ave. I happened to have a big and very satisfying lunch buffet at Copper Chimney the day before with a lof of lambs (my favorite). But according to Nurse Seema, most of the Indian Restaurants out there are not authentic, who am I to judge?

Good things they set up a mini TV with DVD player for each bed at the treatment room. I brought along the French movie Paris je t'aime (highly recommended by some friends) and a book to kill the time. But half way through the movie, I already dozed off due to the Benadryl they gave me. In between, my doctor phoned in and informed me that my bone marrow biopsy's result came back negative. One less thing to worry about, Yeah!!!

My friend Yayoiyi dropped by to accompany me home later on. Before the treatment was over, we talked about some of her potential freelance projects, which reminded me of the days I covered the NY Fashion Week and the upcoming S/S collections in Sept. There is one show in particular I long to see, Ralph Rucci, the most exquisite American couture designer in my opinion. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that I will be healthy enough to somehow sneak into his show at the time:-)

I feel pretty ok after the treatment and finished a whole almond croissant at the hospital lobby's cafe right away. But Yayoiyi insisted on carrying most of my belongings for me. It's nice to feel like a delicate flower once in a while...Hahaha...

On my way home, I picked up quite some of favorite Greek pastries and finished the day with a nice dinner at my favorite Greek restaurant, Agnanti by Astoria Park.

It has been a great start and I hope things will keep on this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment