Monday, August 10, 2009

Pick Myself Up and Dust it off!!!


I had my 1st major reaction of chemo yesterday. Literally, I passed out in the middle of the day after feeling a sudden urge of vomiting. The next thing I knew, I were laying on the floor with a small pool of blood in front of me. I must have hit my nose during the process. There are bruises on my forehead too.

Ironically, exactly one month after the the SVCS (Superior vena cava syndrome) brought me into Bellevue Hospital's ER and ended up with my lymphoma diagnosis, i were in the same place and went through the same old same old again. Life does have all kind of creative way to surprise me:-( Even though some friends of mine always teased me being drawn to dramatic things in life as a Scorpio, this is definitely not the theatrical act I expected.

I finally got home after midnight with the help of Auntie Suiming and her husband. They have driven all the way from Flushing to midtown Manhattan in the middle of the night and took me home to Astoria. Their kindness made me feel extremely grateful and guilty at the same time, which I hope I could return one way or another for the rest of my life.

I got quite some calls and messages from friends and family during the ordeal. I just want to use the blog to express my most heartfelt gratitude and let you know I am doing OK now. With all your love and kindness as my biggest support, I shall overcome!!!

Cheers!!!

2 comments:

  1. I bet your pride was hurt more than your head?! Your attitude to your current predicament is extremely inspiring. Good luck with everything : )
    And yes, you shall overcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U got me right! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete