Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

I have both good news and bad news for you guys. Or from the Eastern philosophical point of view, there is no such thing as good and evil. At the end of the day, there is just ONE thing. Either good or bad, right or wrong, it all depends on your perspective. So here is the result of my PET/CT scan the doctor delivered to me today: there are malignant lymphadenopathy within my right hilar, base of the right neck, etc. besides the original findings. But all the affected nodes are contained within the right side of my upper half body, which means it's STAGE II, at least for now. From the scale of seriousness of 1 to 5, he put me in the catogery of 2, which I suppose it's not that bad.

The ugly things are the bumps and scars left on my left forehead and the bridge of my nose from last Sunday's pass-out drama. But according to Melissa, a great friend since college years who came a long way to see me this afternoon, I look pretty good and healthy. She must be exceedingly kind:-)


She also brought me some fresh crabmeat sushi (Yum!!!) and my favorite tiramisu from wholefood. We haven't seen each other for a long time due to my condition, but time just flew by between sharing the delicious sushi and the familiar girl talks as those good old days.


Meanwhile I scrambled to find a container large enough for the two huge bundles of sunflowers she bought me. I probably should not mention any favorite thing on the blog any more. I feel like a spoiled kid right now, anything I point my finger to, my friends might go far and beyond to get it for me. Or maybe I should...Let's see, what do I want for X'mas...Hahaha...


But kidding aside, the whole experience makes me realize that besides my health,
the unwavering love and friendship you have shown me is the most priceless treasure in this world.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of your positive attitude.
    You will overcome!!! Big lick and hairy hug from Pico

    ReplyDelete